The story began in 1911 in Moirans-en-Montagne, the French capital of wooden toys, when Mr. Narcisse Villet created a woodturning workshop called “Maison Villet”.
In 1951, Villet sons took over the well known workshop. They created the “Villet Frères” establishments. In 1979 Villet Frères became Vilac, the contraction of Villet and Lacquer that that is used for our toys.
The year 1985 was marked by the acquisition of Vilac by Mr. Hervé Halgand, who preserved the tradition of turned and lacquered wooden toys.
Mr. Hervé Halgand bought Petitcollin Company in 1995, which is the last manufacturer of dolls and babies in France.
In 2001, the company opened a retail shop in Japan, followed by the opening of a store in Paris in 2006.
In 2001, Vilac got the EPV label (Living Heritage Company), rewarding the special know-how of the company.
In 2012, Vilac and Petitcollin were bought by France Cartes Group, which also owned the brand JeuJura.
In 2014, Mr. Laurent Weisbuch, owner of France Cartes Group, sold the “playing cards” activity to Cartamundi, and focus on Vilac, JeuJura and Petitcollin activities.
The three companies of the new group Vilac, Petitcollin and Jeujura are still awarded by the Living Heritage Company label at today.