Nosy Crow is a small, multi-award-winning, independent company. We began publishing child-focused, parent-friendly children’s books and apps in January 2011 with the aim of creating books and apps that encourage children to read for pleasure. We’re one of the country’s fastest growing publishing companies: we’re currently the 13th biggest publisher of children’s books in the UK.
We publish high-quality, commercial fiction and non-fiction books for children aged from 0 to 14 by well-known authors and illustrators and by new talent. Making well-designed physical books is important to us, and we think carefully about covers, paper type and paper weight so that our books are attractive to look at and pleasing to hold. All of our fiction appears simultaneously in print and ebook form. All of our paperback picture books come with a free digital audio reading using an innovation we’ve called Stories Aloud. We’re building a library of audio-enhanced iBooks with text highlighting which are digital versions of our picture books.
We make innovative, multimedia, highly interactive apps for tablets, smart phones and other touchscreen devices. These apps are not existing books squashed onto screens, but instead are specially created to take advantage of the devices to tell stories and provide information to children in new and engaging ways. We don’t want reading to be the most boring thing a child can do on a touchscreen.
• 2016 Independent Publishers Guild Independent Publisher of the Year Award
• 2016 Independent Publishers Guild Children’s Publisher of the Year Award
• 2015 Independent Publishers Guild Digital Marketing Award
• 2014 Nectar Business Small Business of the Year Award
• 2014 Stationer’s Company Innovation Award
• 2014 The Bookseller Industry Awards Highly Commended Independent Publisher of the Year
• 2014 Independent Publishers Guild Digital Marketing Award
• 2014 Independent Publishers Guild International Achievement Award
• 2013 Independent Publishers Guild Children’s Publisher of the Year Award
• 2013 Independent Publishers Guild International Achievement Award
• 2012 Independent Publishers Guild Children’s Publisher of the Year Award
• 2012 Independent Publishers’s Guild Innovation Award
• 2012 Independent Publisher’s Guild Newcomer’s Award
• 2011 Mumpreneur UK Inspirational Mum of the Year